Summer School in Computational Oncology 2013
Videos of expert interviews online!
Within the scope of the 2nd Summer School in Computational Oncology, which took place from June 24-28, 2013 at Schloss Dagstuhl, Wadern Germany, p-medicine partner ecancer took the opportunity to interview several experts in their field on their work within p-medicine or their relation to the project.
The interviews feature:
- Prof. Dr. Norbert Graf, Saarland University, Germany, and coordinator of p-medicine, on how the project started, the pitfalls they faced and the benefits the tools will bring towards clinicians and patients
- David Perez-Rey, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain, on his involvement with semantic interoperability and data model issues in p-medicine
- Prof. Yuzuru Tanaka, Hokkaido University, Japan, on his role in p-medicine helping create the Trial Outline Builder (TOB) for visualizing clinical trials
- Dr. Anca Bucur, Philips Electronics, the Netherlands, on Philips’ involvement in p-medicine in helping create the Clinical Decision Support tool to help clinicians choose the best treatment for patients
- Prof. Rod Hose of Sheffield University, U.K., on the VPH-Share tool and its collaboration with p-medicine
- Dr. Dieter Wallach, managing director of Ergosign, Germany, on creating user interfaces for clinicians and patients. He also talks about the constraints that they have faced and the differences that a clinician or patient will see when using a tool.
The videos are available on ecaner’s website: http://ecancer.org/conference/481-summer-school-in-computational-oncology-2013.php