Scientific findings on the aetiology, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases like cancer are rapidly increasing these days. New insights arising from basic research – especially molecular biology and genetics – and clinical trials combined with the advances in information technology provide the medical and scientific community with the opportunity to safely merge clinical data with biomolecular findings and imaging studies of individual patients.
p-medicine unifies European experts of different fields (clinicians, biologists, IT-specialists, ethical and legal experts) dedicated to develop and exploit structures and tools that help to run more clinical trials and to support translational research in all aspects. This new approach will fundamentally broaden our understanding of disease and therapies and will enable a new generation of clinical studies. This will result in improved prognosis of patients. Such individualized treatments lead a step further towards personalized medicine.
Why is p-medicine interesting for the industry? p-medicine aims to…
- Link the p-medicine environment with important European Research Infrastructure Initiatives
- Develop a business plan to maintain and further develop p-medicine into a self-sustaining entity
- Establish a service centre for running clinical trials within Europe
- Develop and provide IT-tools and software for clinical trials
- Act as an expert, mediator and consultant for the industry
- Serve as an information, education and cooperation platform
For additional information please send an e-mail!